Job Opportunity: Worship Anew Seeks Director of Finance and Development
FINANCE AND DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
SUMMARY: Stewardship is a key aspect in effectively carrying out the mission of Worship Anew. The ministry works with donors to develop and implement long-range stewardship and funding of the ministry so that the Lord’s work may be carried out into the future.
This position reports to the Executive Director and will serve on the Worship Anew leadership team.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- The desired qualifications and qualities for this position are as follows:
- An understanding and appreciation for the theology and values of Worship Anew.
- Experience in administration, leading others, and implementing a plan from conception to completion.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or the ability to learn.
- Willing to grasp best practices in development, specifically in a faith-based ministry setting.
- The ability to create, articulate, and implement plans to educate and involve donors to meet the ministry goals, particularly regarding an evangelism ministry.
- An understanding of the role of caring for those affected by aging, mental illness, and all who are facing life’s most difficult circumstances and who are impacted by this ministry.
- The ability to look beyond the immediate situations and assist the Executive Director in implementing long-range solutions to the specific situations and needs of the ministry.
- The willingness and ability to work in a team setting.
- The willingness to take direction and to give direction as needed in various areas.
- Capable to answer basic questions about the ministry’s faith and provide religious resources.
- Ability to pray with staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Must have a passion for the ministry’s work with a genuine commitment to the fulfillment of the organization’s mission.
- As a religious institution, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Lutheran Ministries Media, Inc. reserves the right to give preference in employment to persons based on religion.
Areas of Responsibility
Reports to: Executive Director
Position is: Director of Finance and Development is a full time position with benefits (50% Finance and 50% Development).
Supervises: Office support staff (receptionist and donor database specialist)
Specific Areas of Accountability
- Strategically develop, articulate, and implement short and long term plans for securing the needed financial resources for the ministry.
- Establish and maintain donor base.
- Establish and maintain a base of interested and willing donors.
- Strategically develop, articulate, and implement funding priorities plans for the ministry.
- Strategically develop, articulate, and implement work toward major philanthropic gifts including but not limited to grants.
- Facilitate donor and church contacts/visits for the Executive Director, staff, board members, or anyone who is deemed most appropriate given the relationship.
- Establish contact with church groups to share the mission of Worship Anew and solicit contributions.
- Establish contact with foundations to determine the types of grants available and ensure the implementation and submission of grant requests.
- Manage follow up reports as required by grants received.
- Develop volunteers for various ministry and development work.
- Strategically test, track, and analyze appeals and make appropriate adjustments on future appeals to ensure success.
- Work with development staff to track and maintain donor contribution records.
- Coordinate and implement plans for recognizing and appreciating donors and volunteers.
- Articulate the work of development through publications, online communications, and other means of publicity to donors.
- Train staff, board members, and volunteers in specific areas of development work to enable them to grow in their understanding and effective involvement in this area.
- Provide regular reports on development work as needed.
- Some travel will be necessary. Amount will be based on experience and capacity.
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Maintain accounts payable and receivable.
- Carryout bill payments and credit card reconciliation.
- Liaison between Worship Anew and the ministry’s accounting firm.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
- Overseeing payroll and tax functions.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Training support staff.
- Reviewing departmental budgets.
- Monitor and purchase orders as directed by the Executive Director.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Oversee third-source funding such as Thrivent Choice Dollars.
- Supervise, support, and encourage the office support staff.
- Other duties as determined by the Executive Director.
Lutheran Ministries Media shares Christ’s love with the world through the weekly television program Worship Anew and quality Christian media programming.